History
The long history of the Oxford Sunoco began during the Second World War, while the United States was still recovering from the Great Depression. The Maroney family opened the first service center on June 19th, 1940.
After 28 years, it was time for a change. The original Sunoco was torn down and replaced by the current building on the corner of 3rd and South Street in Oxford.
New management arrived at Sunoco in the form of Mickey Glenn and Leda Widdoes.
This management brought with them a new business model built around hard work and customer satisfaction.
Ownership of the grounds and business were finally fully purchased by Mickey and Leda and was completely renovated in conjunction with the Sunoco 57th anniversary.
Oxford Sunoco expands its business model with a new building addition. This addition included two new plus-size garages that allowed the technicians to work on much larger vehicles.